Monday, February 27, 2006

Store Wars

Store Wars is something that you just need to see to believe. A very clever promotion to promote the use of organic foods. In our family, we shop the natural food stores first and supplement with the mainstream grocery stores. Even at the natural food stores, we give preference to organic over something labeled simply as "all natural". As the web site points out, the out-of-pocket costs for organic goods are greater, but the benefits to your health and that of the planet are immense. Furthermore, organic foods taste better.

As I get back into more regular posting at this blog, I hope to spend more time discussing organic and sustainable alternatives to the products that we have come to depend upon in the US. Organic food is a good way to start. Check out the information that goes along with the video.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wisdom Weasel said...

I want a Tofu D2 so badly.

I agree on the organic thing, but with the caveat that when it comes to carbon impact I'll take local "not-officially-organic" from a nearby farmstand over organic grub trucked to Maine from Oregon or somewhere else as mindbogglingly far away for perishable food to come from.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Good point that I should have made here, Weasel. Local is preferable to organic-from-away.

I'm going to Oregon in a couple of months, coincidentally. I'm sure there will be a travelogue from the other Portland posted to the Air Blog shortly thereafter.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home