Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to Joe's Land Blog. This is the latest installment in the growing family of Joe's Blogs, which already includes Joe's SeaBlog, an indispensable resource for fans of the AA Portland Sea Dogs baseball team, and Joe's Air Blog, which I use to to express what's on my mind (largely political in nature), review films and books, and compose essays and other writing excercises. Joe's Land Blog is an offshoot of the Air Blog, in which I plan to focus on the political arena that is dearest to my heart, the environment.

I am particularly interested in how our petroleum-based society impacts the environment of the US, and in exploring how we might use renewable/sustainable/"clean" energy sources to reduce our petroleum dependance. I am further interested in land protection and preservation efforts that result in the preservation of plant and animal species as well as the natural beauty of the United States. And, just to mix things up a little bit, I'll throw in the occasional post about what's happening in my home gardens, what I've learned, and what remains a mystery about the plants around my house. I'm glad you came by, and I hope to make things interesting enough to get you to visit again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home